In order to make use of the social media management services offered by Instinctive and others, you will need to provide admin access to your Facebook account. The simple instructions below show you how to enable this capability.
Adding a Second Administrator to Facebook
- Click on the “Page Settings option at the bottom left of your page.
- Click on the “Page Roles” option.
- It will open up a menu also called “Page Roles. On this page, you can manage every role on your page.
- In the “Assign a New Page Role” section, start typing the name of the person you want to assign to the page. The drop-down menu will offer you suggestions and you can choose the person you want from there.
- Click the menu next to their name to select the “Admin” option. You can set a number of different roles, each with different permissions.
- A reminder will pop up that reads: “If you’re adding a new admin to your Page, please keep in mind that they’ll have the same permission as you do to make changes to this Page.”
- Once you have the right name, click “Add.” Facebook will then prompt you to re-enter your password to make sure it’s you that is making the change.
- Under “Existing Page Roles,” the person’s name will now show up with a red “pending” message next to it.
- Once the person receives the notification, they can accept and their role will show up under the “Existing Page Roles” section. This shows you each person on your page, categorised by their permissions.